Saturday, November 13, 2010

The idea



So here I wanna tell you how I came up with the idea for this blog. A few weeks ago I made a desicion for my professional future plans. Due to my passion for everything arabic and as a perfume addict I came up with the idea to start a business here in Germany with arabian perfume.
And in fact everything started with my last holidays in Abu Dhabi where I even more got in love with the arabic world. There for the first time I learned to knew about the fabulous scents of Arabia. It was so magical and inspiring. Due to my personal situation where I was looking for a new professional challenge the idea came seemingly on its own.
In my other private blog which is about everything and nothing about me last posts were almost about the perfumes and business plans as it is my biggest occupation at this point in time. So I decided to create this special blog which will be all about my current issues on perfume and business.

So to give you an update at wich point I am currently. I collected all informations which were necessary, made a business plan, ordered the very first samples, arranged my new office....The two most important things I have to decide or find are: my product line and good suppliers.

As for the product line: I want to offer typical arabian perfume from high quality like brands of Ajmal, Arabian Oud, Al Haramain etc. As I ordered the samples I could only choose by description and ordered almost every perfume with high concentrated oudh! I was very surprised how heavy they are and considering the cultural aspect and the different tastes of perfumes in the western world I have to admit that I failed. I have to make a second sample order with much lighter scents, which are still arabic but not too heavy for the western people. So it will take more time than I planned to be able to create a adequate product line.

As for the supplier: it seems to be a serious problem to find adequate suppliers from this position via internet. Anyway I planned to visit a perfume trade fair in the middle east but the next one will not start untill March 2011. And for me it is toooooo long to wait.....

So if anyone is in this business at the best from the middle east, or anyone has helpfull ideas, suggestions or whatever, do not hesitate to contact me....

6 comments:

  1. Dear sister! I already love your new blog! :) I wish you all the best for your business. I think it sounds really great and I'm sure it'll be a success!!

    By the way I love the picture with the beautiful bottles!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear rose water, thanks a lot for the lovely words. I love it to have you arround ;-**, you are an incrdibly sweet person!
    By the way, did you test oud already? Let me know what you think about it...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. - Dear bosnischmuslima,
    you're so welcome dear sister. And you are yourself a very sweet sweet person!
    I didn't get to test oudh yet, but soon, insha'Allah!
    Hugs and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well i have 1 question, is it easy to create perfume??

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Silla,
    no, it is everything but not easy to create perfumes. It is a kind of an art....According the fact that this theme is soo wide I will dedicate this issue an own post inshaallah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaam ! we're in the same trade in belgium ! just found ur blog !

    ReplyDelete

for all nice and lovely words and all kind of suggestions. Any racist or anti-islamic comments willl be deleted!